Friday, January 7, 2011

PROPHETS UNITE

"The prophet is the painter of that ideal which is beyond man's comprehension." (Hazrat Inayat Khan)

The longer I live, the more I read, meditate and consider the religious traditions of the world, the more it becomes apparent that each one started from inspiration and have evolved to the often dogmatic forms they are in today. That Islam, Judaism, Christianity and Hinduism continue to nurture millions upon millions is a great benefit. That they've called men and women to religious wars illustrates how denial works in the minds of humanity. Every tradition posits "Thou Shalt Not Kill," and then decides what exceptions it will tolerate!

But I want to live at the bone, at the pulse, at the first mitosis of spirit, where my soul flutters with love, harmony and beauty, and decries violence, separation and death. I want to live in that realm where not only is humanity one great energetic body, but the planet herself enfolds us in an energetic field of loving positive growth amidst natural decay and transformation. This is where every prophet started: Muhammed in the cave, Moses at the sea, Jesus in the wilderness, Zoraster at the Fire. And this is where every mother finds herself in the moments of birth and devotion to her children. From that place I grow and have my being.

1 comment:

Charlotte Henson said...

As always, nicely stated.